“I call on you, my God for you will answer me; turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.”
– Psalm 17:6
The Lord laid it on my heart not too long ago to start a prayer challenge to encourage others to recondition their prayer lives as well as my own. To be honest, I was nervous and confused. I grew up thinking that in order to begin a ministry or to pray for others you have to be someone of a high status or a certain level of authority in the church. Not so. God has a purpose for EVERYONE. If He has called you, answer the call. There is greatness inside of you no matter your position. When I started Favored Freauxs, my initial prayer was to be a vessel for the Lord and allow Him to use me as He sees fit despite my downfalls. As He begins to use me, it excites me more than words can explain.
So he said to Him, “O my Lord, how can I save Israel? Indeed my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father’s house.” And the Lord said to him, “Surely I will be with you, and you shall defeat the Midianites as one man.”
During this challenge, I’d like us to turn the mirror around and work on ourselves. This walk with God is personal. It’s not about your attendance every Sunday at church or how many bible verses you have memorized. This walk is about your personal relationship with Him. It’s about how we live our lives outside of those four walls. We have to make ourselves accountable for our own souls. There’s no plus one for where we’re trying to go. I’d like us to use this challenge to allow God to take over completely. Lets give Him full access holding nothing back. Allow Him to create in us a new creature, a clean heart, and fill us with His undying love, grace, and mercy.
When it comes to my prayer life, I personally feel like I can do better in this area. Not only that, but the way I pray needs to change. I desire to have a prayer life that does not cease. I also have the desire to not only pray continuously but to pray in the spirit….yes, there is a difference. I desire to intercede for others. My life is not perfect and neither am I. I want to continue to learn to forgive others and forgive myself for the things of the past.
What are your desires for yourself spiritually? What are you believing God for in your life? Are you dealing with hurt, pain, unforgiveness, sin, or bitterness? Do you have health issues that seem unbearable? Are you battling with depression, suicidal thoughts, lust? Have you lost a loved one and feel alone? PRAY! Cry out to the Lord. Cast ALL of your cares on Him, not just a few. Leave your problems and issues with Him. Don’t take them back. Empty yourself in the Lord and allow Him to do great works in your life. My prayer for you all is that He softens hardened hearts, comforts hurting souls, and brings you out of darkness and into His light. I pray that this challenge changes lives for the better.
Prayer Challenge Guidelines:
- The prayer challenge will last for a total of 30 days beginning on June 1st and ending on June 30th.
- You should see a prompt once you visit this site to enter your name and email address to join the challenge. If you haven’t already done so, please do.
- Once you sign up for the challenge, you will receive an email each day with a prompt to guide you through your 30 day prayer challenge. Each day will be on a different topic.
- You have the option of writing down your prayer or just speaking it aloud. Writing down your prayers will allow you to return to them in the future to reflect on your spiritual growth.
- If you would like to share your prayer with me you are more than welcome to do so. You can also share on social media using the hashtag #favoredprayerchallenge. These are only options. You are not obligated to do so.
That’s it. It’s simple. I’ll check in throughout the month to see how things are going. We’re in this together. Lets lift each other up in prayer during this time and watch God do wonders.